Who we are:
Earthres Group, Inc. (EARTHRES) is a full service engineering and consulting firm providing high quality services to private and public clients in the solid waste, industrial, mining, oil & gas, commercial and government market sectors. Our core services include civil, mechanical, environmental, chemical, mining, and process engineering, solid waste engineering, air quality services, investigation and remediation, geology and hydrogeology, mining and mineral processing, and regulatory compliance and permitting. (www.earthres.com)
What we are seeking:
EARTHRES is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in our Morgantown, WV office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of advanced surveying experience and will coordinate and perform a variety of surveying, mapping, scanning and certifying services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Civil Engineering or surveying;
- State of PA licensed PLS;
- 5+ years of experience with land surveying is preferred;
- Experience with GPS survey equipment operation – Leica equipment experience preferred;
- Ability to read and understand architectural, structural and engineering plans;
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred and the ability to use and maintain company CAD standards and templates is required;
- Ability to work 40+ hour work weeks depending on project needs;
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally;
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for equipment;
- Critical thinking ability and attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to client locations;
- Willingness to be a team player.
- Supervise one or more survey crews.
- Perform site surveying activities, prepare reports and maps using the latest software and electronic data collection (i.e., 3D scanning, drone mapping and CAD);
- Certify maps and reports;
- Research property ownership deeds, easements and dedications at local County Recorder offices and online;
- Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and add the information to the CAD drawing;
- Schedule necessary equipment for yourself and coworkers if they are helping you complete surveying work;
- Meet clients at the site to discuss plans, expectations and changes to design; this may include suggesting additional projects or modifications that would be beneficial to the client and the firm;
- Verify that the data collected is what the client expects;
- Assist with bids and proposals;
Why we are the right company for you:
EARTHRES offers a positive, inclusive culture where employees enjoy coming to work every day and where they can grow as professionals. We offer a competitive salary and excellent benefits.
Apply for a position by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability