Who we are:
Musser Engineering, Inc. (Musser) is an engineering and consulting firm that provides a full line of Civil, Mining and Environmental Engineering services for private and public sector clients (www.musserengineering.com). Musser is an EARTHRES company.
What we are seeking:
Musser is seeking a Professional Land Surveyor (PLS) in our Central City, PA office. The ideal candidate will have 5+ years of advanced surveying experience and will coordinate and perform a variety of surveying, mapping, scanning and certifying services.
- Graduation from an accredited college or university with a degree in Civil Engineering or surveying;
- State of PA licensed PLS;
- 5+ years of experience with land surveying is preferred;
- Experience with GPS survey equipment operation – Leica equipment experience preferred;
- Ability to read and understand architectural, structural and engineering plans;
- Advanced knowledge of AutoCAD Civil 3D is preferred and the ability to use and maintain company CAD standards and templates is required;
- Ability to work 40+ hour work weeks depending on project needs;
- Ability to travel overnight occasionally;
- Willingness to work outdoors in all weather;
- Ability to lift up to 50 pounds for equipment;
- Critical thinking ability and attention to detail;
- Valid driver’s license and ability to drive to client locations;
- Willingness to be a team player.
- Supervise one or more survey crews.
- Perform site surveying activities, prepare reports and maps using the latest software and electronic data collection (i.e., 3D scanning, drone mapping and CAD);
- Certify maps and reports;
- Research property ownership deeds, easements and dedications at local County Recorder offices and online;
- Request information from title companies, highway departments, municipalities, etc. that relate to property being surveyed and add the information to the CAD drawing;
- Schedule necessary equipment for yourself and coworkers if they are helping you complete surveying work;
- Meet clients at the site to discuss plans, expectations and changes to design; this may include suggesting additional projects or modifications that would be beneficial to the client and the firm;
- Verify that the data collected is what the client expects;
- Assist with bids and proposals;
Why we are the right company for you:
Musser offers a positive, inclusive culture where employees enjoy coming to work every day and where they can grow as professionals. We offer a competitive salary and benefits. Our office is nestled in picturesque Somerset County. This rural area, known as the “Land of Milk and Maple”, has a low cost of living and offers year round indoor and outdoor activities, including three ski resorts, several state parks, the Great Allegheny Passage, and Mt. Davis, the highest point in Pennsylvania. Join the team that treats you like family and rejuvenate your career in the fresh mountain air.
Apply for a position by sending a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Equal Opportunity Employer
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability